Hello, Ch21Con community! After a relaxing summer break (and our awesome July conference), we are back for a year of online events, starting this month with our usual Twitter chat and virtual write-in!
All writers are welcome at these events, regardless of age or experience.
Thursday, September 12 from 8:00 to 9:00 PM ET (7:00 to 8:00 PM CT): Twitter Chat
The topic of this month’s Twitter chat will be writing romances. Join us using #Ch21Con to answer our questions and talk with other writers!
Saturday, September 28 from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm ET (6:00 pm to 9:00 PM CT): Virtual Write-In
Join us to write (and procrastinate) at any point you’re available during the evening. Link is incoming.
We’re excited to see you all there!
-The Ch21Con Team
It’s been a few weeks since the 2019 conference and the Ch21Con team is hard at work preparing for the next year of awesome activities! And right now, we are looking for new team members to help us put together our conference and all our online activities.
What does being a Ch21Con team member consist of? Well:
- attending team meetings to discuss our plans and ideas for the year
- helping brainstorm ways to get out the word about our conference, and put together fun and writerly activities for our community
- participating in all our online events (Twitter chats, virtual write-ins, etc.)
- providing your own expertise and knowledge about the writing and publishing world, as well as any other skills/connections you have, to help us plan and put together an amazing conference in the summer
- annoying all your friends and family and local libraries and random passerby on the street by telling them nonstop about the conference
- generally having fun! We’re a pretty informal group
If YOU are interested in applying to the team, please go ahead and fill out an application. No experience is necessary- just a love of writing and the writing community! (If you don’t know what exactly Ch21Con is, check our “About” page).
This IS a volunteer position at a nonprofit, so you won’t get paid- BUT it is both an excellent experience and a great thing to put on your resume! You’ll gain experience with working at a nonprofit, marketing and social media, and interacting in the book world. And to be clear, this is a remote position: everything you do can be through your computer from home, and you can decide your hours.
The link to the application form is here: Apply For The Ch21Con Team
And the deadline for applying is August 18, 2019.
Thank you for your interest! We can’t wait to find the rest of our team!
The day has finally come to launch the Ch21Con website!
We’ve been working so hard to pull this new site (and conference) together for you, and we can’t wait to share everything we have in store for the 2017-2018 year.
Keep an eye on this nifty new blog for announcements, including information on the inaugural Chapter Twenty-One Conference, our monthly free online events, and more! (Speaking of which: since so many members of the Ch21Con team live on the East Coast, we’re thinking of hosting some low-key events out here throughout the year. Sound fun? We’ll be posting all about them here on the blog!)
Talk to you more soon!
— The Ch21Con Team